Several months ago, Deb Levy of http://cdogco.com nominated me for a One Lovely Blog Award. I’m finally getting around to following the rules for accepting this award. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 bloggers.
4. Notify the nominees.
5. Put the One Lovely Blog logo on your blog site (I just did; see above! I’ll also put this post on the “Awards” page.)
So,Thank You to Deb! Be sure to check out her site, which is mostly about her cute little dog, at http://cdogco.com.
Then, 7 things about me, in addition to everything I listed for the Liebster Award:
1. I’ve lived in Finland, Sweden, Germany, NY, NC, NH, GA, VA, KS, CO, TX, IL, and Alaska. (I may have forgotten one.)
2. I’ve lived in NC since 1986, but I often miss the wide-open spaces of the west.
3. My husband has lived in NC all his life. In fact, he went to school with the same group of kids from first grade through 12th grade.
4. I attended 7 different elementary or junior high schools and 3 different high schools.
5. I graduated from East Anchorage High School.
6. I still keep in touch with my 12th grade English teacher from over 50 years ago. She even helped edit the manuscript for my book, Funny Tails: How Canine Comedy Helped Me Cope with Personal Tragedy. Hi, Mrs. Baxter!
7. And, as of mid-December 2014, I have a contract with a literary agent! This doesn’t mean that I have a contract for publication of the book yet. It means that the literary agent will be “shopping” my book to various publishers. (FYI, most publishers do not deal directly with authors until after they’ve been introduced by an agent who has “vetted” the author and believes in the value of the book. Agents don’t get paid until they get the author a contract with a publisher.)
My 10 nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award are listed below:
1. http://napaday.wordpress.com – Follows Pickles, a large yellowish mixed breed dog, who provides narration for photos about his daily adventures.
2. http://jillebeansblog.wordpress.com – Follows Jillie Bean, a pug, on her daily adventures, with photos, and narration. (And, yes, apparently WordPress has it down as Jillebeansblog, not Jilliebeans. When I tried the correct spelling, the website didn’t come up.)
3. http://dackelsociety.com – Great photos of a pack of dachshunds in Germany, with short captions (and short legs).
4. http://puggeek.wordpress.com – Pug photos/ stories, including reader-submitted “Pug of the Month.”
5. http://doodlemum.com – A young mom’s sketches of life in her family, which includes a dog.
6. http://markingourterritory.wordpress.com – Photos , videos, and short stories of Eko, an adult Rhodesian Ridgeback, and Penny, a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy, told by their human, Will.
7. http://angelsbark.wordpress.com – Photos/stories about greyhound rescue, plus health and behavior issues.
8. http://ernestthepug.com – Ernest is a real-life pug who allows himself to be dressed in the finest or wackiest of clothing and disguises.
9. http://poppypupblog.wordpress.com – Photos/stories about a rescued whippet in England, and her interactions with other dogs and cats.
10. http://baggybulldogs.com – funny photos and videos of bulldogs.